1) You will learn two ways to connect to a SQL Server database through the designer.
2) This article uses Microsoft SQL Server 2008 as an example.
You will learn:
- Connect to SQL Server using JDBC
- Matters need attention
1. Create JDBC data connection
1) Create a new JDBC connection, select [SQL Server], and the Driver and the default URL will be loaded automatically.
2) Click [Connection Pool Attributes]. Generally, you just need to keep the default settings.
3) Modify the URL by entering the actual address of the database server. Fill in the User Name and the Password. Click [Test Connection]. Confirm if the connection is successful. If the connection is successful, click [Save].
III. Matters need attention
1. Check if URL is correct
1) Cut the field: ;databaseName=, enter the User Name and the Password of SQL Server, click [Test Connection], and confirm IP and port are correct.
2) Paste the field: ;databaseName=, enter the name of database to be connected, click [Test Connection], and confirm the instance name is correct.
2. Check the instance name
Check if the instance name of database is consistent with the databaseName in URL.
3. Check if connection to the remote server is enabled
4. Check user mode
5. Check if TCP/IP protocol is enabled
6. Check if database service is enabled
7. Check network configurations
Open sqlserver Configuration Manager, and check if Named Pipes and TCP/IP are enabled in sqlserver network configuration.
8. Check if the Port Number is correct
9. Check if sp4 installation package is installed